2019 DEEP SPACE PRE-BAG SCRIMMAGE EVENTS
Saturday, February 16, 2019
Don’t miss your chance to bring your robot to one of our four scrimmage events hosted at our DE sites around the state.
What is Scrimmage and what can I do there?
- It’s a chance to test your robot on a regulation sized field with field/game elements.
- It’s a chance to finish working on your robot (Not done with your bot? Bring it and keep working!)
- It’s a place where you can get help with tricky robot bits (build, programming, bumpers, etc) from other teams.
- It’s a place to have Georgia FIRST robot Inspectors look over your bot before you bag it.
- It’s an opportunity to see old friends and make new ones!
We’ll even feed you lunch!
Each DE site requires you to sign-up for the scrimmage event they will host. A maximum team number of teams can be accommodated at each site so don’t delay in registering.
Scrimmage events will be held at:
For more information, registration and links to the individual scrimmage events, please click on the sites above.
- Go to the “Registration” tab.
- Some sites have Welcome Packets – please download and review the important info there.
- Scroll down and fill out the form.
- Under the “Session” drop down box, choose “DE Scrimmage“.
What to Bring
- Your Robot! (finished, or your bot in progress)
- Drive station and laptop
- Forms: DE Forms (and DE Atlanta form if applicable)
- Any basic tools you may need (your whole pit is NOT necessary!)
- Multi-plug electrical strip
- Snacks and water
- Safety glasses
- Wear closed toe shoes and have hair tied back
OTHER REALLY IMPORTANT DE INFO [PLEASE READ]
EVERYONE (everyone) attending a DE Event (be it Scrimmage or general practice time) MUST fill out the DE Consent form or they will not be allowed to enter the facility. (Please note that a parent/guardian signature on this form is required.)
These forms are located under the Registration tab for each site.
SPECIAL NOTE: The DE Atlanta site requires an additional, separate waiver which is located in their Welcome Packet on their Registration tab.