Date(s) - 01/05/2019
8:00 am - 3:30 pm
Add this event to iCal or
4C Academy Albany Georgia
FIRST Robotics Competition (FRC) Kickoff marks the beginning of the design and build season. Teams have the opportunity to meet at “local” Kickoff events to compare notes, get ideas, make friends, find mentoring teams, learn the game, pick up the Kit of Parts, and get geared up for the exciting competition season.
Get ready for FRC Kickoff at the 4C academy in Albany, Ga! FIRST Robotics Competition (FRC) Kickoff marks the beginning of the design and build season. This year’s FRC Kickoff is scheduled for January 5th, 2019. Be sure to register your team in the Kit and Kickoff section of the FIRST Inspires Dashboard. We will be providing breakfast, guest speakers, robot displays and workshops.
All information for this event will be located at http://www.4cacademy.org/first-kickoff/ as Kick Off approaches.
Note: As always for FIRST events, present your FIRST Team Roster at team check in.
8:00am – Team check-in, breakfast
9:30am – Guest Speakers (STEM Gym)
10:00am – Kickoff Broadcast Starts (STEM Gym and Student Center)
11:00am –Kit of Parts handout; two team members and a mentor to pick up kit (4C loading dock)
12:45pm – Loading dock closes; end of kit of parts distribution
12:45pm – 1:30 PM Lunch break (lunch not provided, meals available for purchase on-site)
1:30pm – Workshops begin
4:30pm – Workshops end
Parking will be free and located right off of Newton Rd. Personal vehicles and buses will be directed to their appropriate parking areas.
Workshops are vital in creating an easy transition into the start of the FIRST season. One of our primary goals is to have all teams who attend the workshops leave with a KOP robot that will require only some final assembly. We highly encourage teams to attend these helpful workshops to learn and receive guidance. The workshops will be located throughout the 4C academy. Please note that cutting or sawing any components is strictly forbidden.
The following are the five workshop tracks that will be available for teams:
- Mechanical: Building the mechanical parts of the provided KOP.
- Electrical: Assembly of the electronics, wiring guidelines, and a few pointers on past problems.
- Strategy Brainstorm: Teams will be given the opportunity to go over rules and discuss game play strategies.
- Safety: This workshop will discuss the importance of safety leadership and go beyond safety glasses and a Band-Aid.
- Bumpers: This workshop is all about how to properly build bumpers for your team’s robot. This workshop will be led by Robot Inspectors.
- Cordless drill w/
- 3/8″ socket
- 5/16″ socket
- 9/16″ socket
- 5/32″ Ball End Hex Bit
- alternatively, bring the equivalent hand tools
- 1/2″ Combination wrench
- Tape measure
- Marking pencil/pen/marker
- Flathead and Phillips screwdrivers
- Wire strippers
- Wire cutters
- Wire crimpers – a good set with handles at least 7” long
- Phillips screwdriver (#2)
- Flat Screwdriver
- Wago flat screwdriver (supplied in FIRST kit)
- 3/8” combination wrench
- 10mm combination wrench
- Tape measure
- 7/16” combination wrench
If you have any questions, please contact Darren Hagler at email@example.com.