Date(s) - 01/06/2018
8:00 am - 3:30 pm
Add this event to iCal or
FIRST Robotics Competition (FRC) Kickoff marks the beginning of the design and build season. Teams have the opportunity to meet at “local” Kickoffs to compare notes, get ideas, make friends, find mentoring teams, learn the game, pick up the Kit of Parts, and get geared up for the exciting competition season.
At this event, you will hear from the local Georgia FIRST organization, the Georgia Tech RoboJackets and a few esteemed speakers to round our the event. You will also view the game reveal, preview a mock-up of the new Power Up field elements and pick up your kit of parts.
We will be offering several workshops that you might want to attend. To view the workshop topics and register to attend one or all, please go to: https://robojackets.org/first-kickoff/
At this link, you can also view a schedule for the day, information regarding parking and print off the two consent and release forms that are required for each person attending the kick-off event. These will be turned in upon arrival.
- 8:00 AM – Event opens to teams with breakfast. (Student Center Ballroom)
- 9:30 AM – Welcome talks (Ferst Center w/ overflow seating in Student Center Theater)
- 10:30 AM – Kickoff Broadcast starts (Ferst Center & Student Center Theater)
- 11:00 AM – Field Viewing and Kit of Parts handout; two team members and a mentor to pick up kit (Ferst Center loading dock)
- 1:00 PM – Loading dock closes; end of kit of parts distribution
- 11:30 AM – 1:00 PM Lunch break (lunch not provided)
- 1:00 PM – Workshops begin
- 3:30 PM – Workshops end
Please note that a previous email was sent to teams with a consent and release form attached. This form did not have the correct event date. Please use the following consent and release forms.
We look forward to seeing the reveal of Power Up with your team. Let us know if you have any questions.
More details will be posted to the FRC Kickoff web page as the event approaches (this site will be updated for 2017 as information becomes available).