Date(s) - 03/15/2018 - 03/17/2018
Add this event to iCal or
Albany Civic Center
Welcome to the PCH District Qualifier Event Albany held in the amazing venue, the Albany Civic Center.
March 15th – 17th, 2018
|(Day 0) 3-15-18||Thursday|
|5:00PM-10:00PM||Teams Load-In, Pits Open, Inspection|
|7:00PM||Sign-up for Chairmans and Deans List Interviews at Pit Admin|
|8:30PM-9:00PM||Ref Meeting on Field|
|(Day 1) 3-16-18||Friday|
|8:00AM-10:30AM||Pits Open, Practice Rounds, Inspections|
|9:00AM||Drivers Meeting on Field|
|10:15AM||Proceed to Stands for Opening Ceremonies|
|(Day 2) 3-17-18||SATURDAY|
|1:00PM-4:00PM||Playoff and Final Rounds|
|4:15 PM-5:45PM||Awards Ceremony|
(Day 1) 3-16-18
9:00AM-12:00PM: FIRST LEGO League Jr., FIRST Lego League & FIRST Tech Challenge Demonstration
10:00AM-3:00PM: Sponsor Row Open
12:30PM-1:30PM: VIP Invited Guest Event
6:00PM-7:30PM: Team Social
(Day 2) 3-17-18
8:30AM-1:00PM: Sponsor Row Open
8:30AM-12:00PM: FIRST LEGO League Jr., FIRST Lego League & FIRST Tech Challenge Demonstration
*Schedule subject to change. All times are estimated based on flow of rounds. See Pit Administration table for updated times.
Parking at this venue is free to all participants, guests and spectators. Please follow signs in parking lot that will direct you to designated areas (trailer and bus parking).
Load In/Out Instructions for Teams
Concessions and Food Options
The Albany Civic Center will offer concessions for sale at this event. A menu is being developed and will be updated closer to the event.
There are several restaurant (fast food and sit down) options in Albany. For a complete listing, visit The Albany Convention and Visitors Bureau at: http://www.albany.org/
No outside food or drink will be permitted in this venue.
For a complete list of hotels participating in the FIRST Experient Hotel Program, please visit:
What to Bring to the Event
- Your robot.
- Your lock-up form (do not put this in the bag when you seal it during your extra 6 hours of work).
- Your team roster.
- Your Consent and Release forms. Your team members will sign these on-line. You will bring a printout that confirms this. For those associated with your team that have not signed on-line, please print, sign and bring to your first competition of the season. FIRST Consent and Release Form & Georgia FIRST Consent and Release Form
- Items to set up your pit and support your robot during the competition. Pits are 10′ x 10′.
- Safety glasses for everyone on your team.
- Shoes that are closed toed. No sandals allowed in the pits or near the field. Make sure your visitors know this.
- Extention cords and power strips for your pit.
- Your team fact sheet to give to the Game Announcer.
- Your team spirit and gracious professionalism.
- A ‘verbal thank-you’ for the volunteers when you see them at the events. They are working long hours to make this event happen.
GeorgiaFIRST Consent and Release Form 2018 (this is turned in only once during the season)
Thank you to the Sponsors of this Event