Date(s) - 03/29/2018 - 03/31/2018
Add this event to iCal or
Infinite Energy Arena
Welcome to the Peachtree (PCH) District Qualifier Event Duluth held at the amazing venue of The Infinite Energy Arena.
Thursday, March 29th – Saturday, 31st, 2018
***IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING THE DULUTH QUALIFIER EVENT***
The Infinite Energy Arena Fire Marshall will not allow any tent structures in this building. What this means for you – you are welcome to construct your pit area using a tent frame for structure and shape. You will not however, be allowed to install the overhead tent to the frame. All pits will be the Georgia standard 10′ x 10.’
The center would appreciate limited use of backpacks during the event. They have a strict no backpack rule at all regular events in the arena and are willing to relax this rule to a degree. If at all possible, please keep in mind that backpacks are not preferred and will slow the process of entering the building as all team members and spectators will have to go through screening (metal detectors) in order to enter the building.
|(Day 0) 3-29-18||Thursday|
|4:00PM-8:00PM||Career Worx Event at Gwinnett Tech (optional, see flyer below)|
|5:00PM-10:00PM||Pits Open, Inspection & Practice Rounds*|
|8:30PM-9:00PM||Ref Meeting on Field|
|(Day 1) 3-30-18||Friday
|8:00AM-10:30AM||Pits Open, Inspections, Calibration|
|9:00AM||Drivers Meeting on Field|
|9:30AM||Deans List and Chairmans Sign-up|
|9:30AM||Safety Captains Meeting|
|10:15AM||Proceed to stands for Opening Ceremonies|
|(Day 2) 3-31-18||Saturday|
|2:00PM-5:00PM||Playoff & Final Rounds|
|5:00 PM-6:30PM||Awards Ceremony|
(Day 1) 3-30-18
9:00AM-3:00PM: FIRST LEGO League Jr., FIRST Lego League & FIRST Tech Challenge Demonstration
9:00AM-3:00PM: Sponsor Row Open
12:00PM-2:30PM: VIP Invited Guest Event
(Day 2) 3-31-18
8:30AM-1:00PM: Sponsor Row Open
8:30AM-1:00PM: FIRST LEGO League Jr., FIRST Lego League & FIRST Tech Challenge Demonstration
*Schedule subject to change. All times are estimated based on flow of rounds. **Subject to field availability. See Pit Administration table for updated times.
Parking at this event is free. Please see map for designated parking areas. You may leave your trailers and buses in the parking lots at your own risk.
Load In/Out Instructions for Teams
Enter the arena parking lot via the Sugarloaf Parkway entrance (see map). Follow the parking signs posted. Report to the staging area (see map) first to receive a load-in number. You will be instructed when to proceed to the load-in route.
When you have completed the load-in process, you will be given a map that shows the route to follow to return to the two designated parking areas.
Concessions and Food Options
Georgian Grill Beverages
Hamburger/Cheese Burger 8.00
Doubestack Hamburger/Cheeseburger 13.00
Grilled Chicken 8.00
Spicy Chicken 9.00
5:1 Hot Dog 5.75 32oz
Chicken Tenders & Fries 8.75
French Fries 4.50
Sandwich Combo (includes Fries) 10.00
Hot Dog Combo (includes Fries) 7.75
Doublestack Combo (includes Fries) 15.00
Kids Meal (Nuggets, Fries, 16oz Drink) 6.50
Soft Pretzel 4.00
Una Fetina Peanuts 4.00
Slice of Pizza 6.00
Cheese Nacho’s 5.00
Grinder ( Meatball or Sausage )
Cheese Side 1.50
20oz Aquafina 4.00
20oz Bottled Soft Drinks 4.25
16oz Fountain Drink 3.00
24oz Fountain Drink 4.25
32oz Fountain Drink with one refill 5.75
Siberian Chill 4.00
Energy Drink 5.00
For a current listing of hotels participating in the FIRST Experient Hotel Program, please visit:
What to Bring to the Event
- Your robot.
- Your lock-up form (do not put this in the bag when you seal it during your extra 6 hours of work).
- Your team roster.
- Your Consent and Release forms. This year you have the option of signing these on line when you sign your FIRST Consent and Release. You will need to bring both the Georgia FIRST and FIRST Consent and Release form in paper form if you have anyone that has not completed this process or are new to your team. FIRST Consent and Release Form & Georgia FIRST Consent and Release Form
- Items to set up your pit and support your robot during the competition. Pits are 10′ x 10′.
- Safety glasses for everyone on your team.
- Shoes that are closed toed. No sandals allowed in the pits or near the field. Make sure your visitors know this.
- Extension cords and power strips for your pit.
- Your team fact sheet to give to the Game Announcer.
- Your team spirit and gracious professionalism!
- Aluminum cans for the Recycle for Good Program.
- A ‘thank-you’ for the volunteers when you see them at the events. They are worked long hours to make this event happen.
Thank you to the Sponsors of this Event