Georgia FRC Teams,
As we are all settled back into the routine of school for the new year, it is time to dust off our robots and start planning for the upcoming season. We have a few items of interest to share with you and two two request for action. Please read:
- Team Registration is now open – TIMS (Team Information Management System) is now open for the new season. If you are a returning team, you are able to sign-in here to register for 2018 and update information in the system. If you are a rookie team, you will go here to register your new team. It is important that you either update information (veteran) or register now (rookie) in order to receive the most recent information from FIRST regarding important dates and grants.
- Grants for Rookie teams – FIRST Rookie grants are available. Please go here to find the application. The deadline to apply Thursday, November 2nd at noon. The NASA grant for rookies has not yet been announced. You will be notified when more information is released.
- NASA Grants for Veterans – NASA has not yet announced their grant program for the 2018 season. Information will be sent to all registered teams as soon as it is available.
- GRITS (Georgia Robotics Invitational Tournament and Showcase) – The GRITS off-season event is a great place for teams to compete one additional time in the STEAMWORKSgame. It is also a great place for new rookie teams to experience an actual competition environment before the season begins. The event is currently on a wait-list status for competing teams, however we encourage your team to still sign up for the event. We will work hard to move all teams on the wait-list into the actual event. All rookies interested in participating in GRITS, please contact Connie Haynes at: email@example.com.
- Technology Enrichment Sessions – Our esteemed partners at Georgia Tech, the RoboJackets, will once again offer the Fall Technology Enrichment Sessions. These sessions are designed to prepare your team for the upcoming FIRST season. The sessions for 2017 are being planned now and the new season information will be released soon. Please check hereoften for updates.
- Georgia FIRST Robotics SymposiumAll Call for Presentors – Georgia FIRST will host our second annual Robotics Symposium November 4, 2017 at Georgia Tech. All sessions will be presented by FIRST teams, volunteers and our corporate partners. We encourage your team to consider being a presenter at the event. Information to apply as a presenter can be found here. Many coaches/mentors and teams have already signed up to present. We hope you will too!
- FRC Kick-Off Event: The 2018 FRC kick-off event will be at Georgia Tech Ferst Center, January 6, 2018. Registration opens Oct. 21st on your team Dashboard in the Registration System.
- FRC Qualifier & State Event Schedule:
March 2-4, 2018: Riverside Military Academy, Gainesville, GA
March 8-10, 2018: Dalton Convention Center, Dalton, GA
March 15-17, 2018: Albany Civic Center, Albany, GA
March 22-24, 2018: Columbus State University, Columbus, GA
March 29-31, 2018: Infinite Energy Arena, Duluth, GA
April 5-7, 2018: University of Georgia Stegeman Coliseum, Athens, GA
- Georgia FIRST Mentor/Coach Representation – Georgia FIRST is seeking a mentor/coach representative from our community of FRC teams to serve on the Georgia FIRST Planning Committee. Please see attachment for more information and to apply.
- Volunteers Needed – As we increase the number of events in the 2018 season, our volunteer needs increase as well. If you are interested in joining the amazing volunteer crew charged with making Georgia FIRST events the best they can be, please contact: Elizabeth Shannon – firstname.lastname@example.org We are seeking volunteers in all areas and have a huge need in the areas of: Audio Visual (AV), robot inspectors, referee and pit administration. Many volunteer positions have age restrictions. This is a great way in engage parents, alumni and sponsors. Please see attachment.
- Survey ACTION REQUIRED: In an effort to capture the most accurate team dynamics for Georgia, we ask that you participate in a two minute survey. The data received will help us with grants/foundation submissions and reporting to our stakeholders. Thank you in advance.
- Robo Rodeo Off-Season Event – Our neighbors to the north in Tennessee will host their first ever off-season event – Robo Rodeo. Please see attached flyer and application if you are interested in participating.