Date(s) - 03/07/2019 - 03/09/2019
Add this event to iCal or
Dalton Convention Center
Welcome to the PCH District Qualifier Event Dalton held in the amazing venue, The Dalton Convention Center.
March 7th – 9th, 2019
Schedule of Event:
|(Day 0) 3-7-19||Thursday|
|5:00PM-10:00PM||Teams Load-In, Pits Open, Inspection|
|8:30PM-9:00PM||Ref Meeting on Field|
|(Day 1) 3-8-19||Friday|
|8:00AM-10:30AM||Pits Open, Field Connectivity, Inspections|
|9:00AM||Drivers Meeting on Field|
|9:30AM||Deans List and Chairmans Sign-up*
Safety Captains Meeting
|10:15AM||Proceed to stands for Opening Ceremonies|
|(Day 2) 3-9-19||Saturday|
|2:00PM-5:00PM||Playoff and Final Rounds|
|5:00 PM-6:30PM||Awards Ceremony|
(Day 1) 3-8-19
10:00AM-3:00PM: Sponsor Row Open
2:00PM-5:00PM: 9:00AM-12:00PM: FIRST LEGO League Jr., FIRST Lego League & FIRST Tech Challenge Demonstration
3:00PM-5:00PM: VIP Invited Guest Event
7:00PM-8:30PM: Team Social
(Day 2) 3-9-19
8:30AM-1:00PM: Sponsor Row Open
8:30AM-1:00PM: FIRST LEGO League Jr., FIRST Lego League & FIRST Tech Challenge Demonstration
*Schedule subject to change. All times are estimated based on flow of rounds. See Pit Administration table for updated times. Deans List and Chairman sign-ups will occur immediately following match list schedule.
Parking at this venue is free to all participants, guests and spectators. Please follow signs in parking lot that will direct you to designated areas (car, trailer and bus parking). Please see map for designated parking areas here.
Load In/Out Instructions for Teams
Dalton Load In Instructions and Map can be downloaded here.
Load-Out: Load-out will not begin until 2:00pm on Saturday, no exceptions. You must have all of your equipment, including your bagged robot staged in the designated load-out area just outside the entrance door before your vehicle/bus/trailer can be positioned to load. We will have load-out volunteers in place to assist you with this and to answer any questions you may have.
Concessions and Food Options
The Dalton Convention Center will offer concessions for sale at this event. This will be updated closer to the event.
There are several restaurant (fast food and sit down) options in Dalton. For a complete listing, visit The Dalton Convention and Visitors Bureau at: http://www.visitdaltonga.com/
No outside food or drink will be permitted in this venue.
Hotel arrangements can be made through FIRST Event Housing
What to Bring to the Event
- Your robot.
- Your lock-up form (do not put this in the bag when you seal it during your extra 6 hours of work).
- Your team roster.
- Your Consent and Release forms. Your team members will sign these on-line. You will bring a printout that confirms this. For those associated with your team that have not signed on-line, please print, sign and bring to your first competition of the season. FIRST Consent and Release Form & Georgia FIRST Consent and Release Form (Will be updated soon)
- Items to set up your pit and support your robot during the competition. Pits are 10′ x 10′.
- Safety glasses for everyone on your team.
- Shoes that are closed toed. No sandals allowed in the pits or near the field. Make sure your visitors know this.
- Extension cords and power strips for your pit.
- Your team fact sheet to give to the Game Announcer.
- Your team spirit and gracious professionalism.
- Your aluminum cans for the Novelis Recycle for Good program.
- A ‘verbal thank-you’ for the volunteers when you see them at the events. They are working long hours to make this event happen.
GeorgiaFIRST Consent and Release Form 2019 (this is turned in only once during the season)
If you’re volunteering for the event, please check the Dalton Volunteer Schedule for times when you’ll need to be there. (Coming soon)
Thank you to the Sponsors of this Event