Date(s) - 04/04/2018 - 04/07/2018
Add this event to iCal or
Stegeman Coliseum, UGA
Welcome to the Peachtree District State Championship Event held on the beautiful campus of The University of Georgia, Stegeman Coliseum.
April 4th – 7th, 2018
|(Day 0) 4-4-18||WEDNESDAY|
|6:00PM-8:00PM||5 Team Reps to Load In|
|(Day 1) 4-5-18||THURSDAY|
|8:00AM||5 Team Reps to Load In, Pits, Machine Shop, Registration and Inspection Open|
|9:00AM-10:00AM||Field Open for Measurement & Calibration|
|9:30AM||Deans List and Chairmans Sign-up|
|10:00AM-10:30AM||Driver’s Meeting on Field|
|10:30AM-11:00AM||Safety Captains Meeting|
|7:00PM||Pits and Machine Shop Close|
|(Day 2) 4-6-18||FRIDAY|
|8:00AM||Pits and Machine Shop Open|
|8:15AM||Proceed to the stands for Opening Ceremonies|
|7:00PM||Pits & Machine Shop Close|
|(Day 3) 4-7-18||SATURDAY|
|8:00AM||Pits and Machine Shop Open|
|2:00PM||Practice Field & Machine Shop Close|
|2:00PM-5:00PM||Playoff Matches & Finals|
(Day 1) 4-5-18
10:00AM-4:00PM: Sponsor Row Open
12:30PM-2:00PM: SWE Luncheon
2:00PM – 3:00PM: Safety Presentation – ECR
(Day 2) 4-6-18
9:00AM-1:30PM : FLL Jr., FLL, FTC Demos
9:00AM-4:00PM: Sponsor Row Open
11:00AM-1:30PM: VIP Invited Guest Event
12:45PM: Senior Photo on Field
7:00PM-9:30PM: Team Social
*Schedule subject to change. All times are estimated based on flow of rounds. See Pit Administration table for updated times.
Vehicle parking is located at the Carlton Street Parking Deck. (125 Smith Street). This deck is located directly behind Stegeman Coliseum. Please see the attached map for the red area.
- An event parking rate has been arranged for Robotics guests. The rate is $5 per day.
- If you are coming in on Wednesday, you can purchase a $20 pass that will allow you to park from Wednesday through Saturday.
- If you are coming in on Thursday, you can purchase a $15 pass that will allow you to park from Thursday through Saturday.
- If you are coming in on Friday, you can purchase a $10 pass that will allow you to park from Friday through Saturday.
- If you are coming in on Saturday, you can purchase a $5 pass that will allow you to park that day only.
- Parking fees, paid in cash, will be collected at the entrance of the deck.
Please do not park in any area other than the Carlton Deck. The parking lots on campus are reserved for faculty, staff, and students of the university by permit only. Parking in one of these lots could result in a $50 citation.
Bus and Trailer Parking:
- Limited bus and trailer parking is available in select portions of the S16 lots located off of D.W. Brooks Drive. Please see the attached map for the blue area.
- Due to the limited space, we encourage that students arriving by bus are dropped off at the coliseum and the bus then returns back to the hotel to park. The kindly request the same for trailers as well.
- If you anticipate parking your trailer in the S16 lot on campus, please secure the trailer properly. Parking Services and UGA are not responsible for loss or damage.
- Classes will be in session from Wednesday through Friday. Anticipate heavy traffic around campus during these days.
- If you need additional parking information, please contact UGA Parking Services at 706- 542-7275.
Load In/Out Instructions for Teams
Concessions and Food Options
We are working to secure concessions via Stegeman Coliseum. We will update this area as soon as plans are in place.
For a complete list of hotels participating in the FIRST Experient Hotel Program, please visit:
What to Bring to the Event
- Your robot.
- Your lock-up form.
- Your team roster.
- Your Consent and Release forms. Your team members will sign these on-line. You will bring a printout that confirms this. For those associated with your team that have not signed on-line, please print, sign and bring to your first competition of the season. FIRST Consent and Release Form & Georgia FIRST Consent and Release Form
- Items to set up your pit and support your robot during the competition. Pits are 10′ x 10′.
- Safety glasses for everyone on your team.
- Shoes that are closed toed. No sandals allowed in the pits or near the field. Make sure your visitors know this.
- Extention cords and power strips for your pit.
- Your team fact sheet to give to the Game Announcer.
- Your team spirit and gracious professionalism.
- A ‘verbal thank-you’ for the volunteers when you see them at the events. They are working long hours to make this event happen.
GeorgiaFIRST Consent and Release Form 2018 (this is turned in only once during the season)
Thank you to the Sponsors of this Event