Georgia FRC Teams,
We have a few items of interest to share with you. Please read:
- NASA Grants open NOW: The NASA grant application is now open and can be accessed here. There are three category of grants you can apply for: Regional Challenge Grants, Program Growth Grants and Sustainability Grants. Please read the definition of each before applying to make sure you meet the criteria. If you have questions as to which category to apply for, please let me know (email@example.com). The deadline to apply is: Saturday, September 30, 2017, 23:59:59 PDT. There is no exception to this deadline.
- Demo Opportunities – Team needed: We have two demo opportunities for your consideration.
- NCR Lunch and Learn Day, Wednesday, September 20th, 2651 Satellite Blvd NW, Duluth, GA 30096 from 3:00pm – 5:00pm. (Set-up at 2:30pm) This will be a drop-in session where NCR employees can come by and talk with the teams that will be present. You will need to bring your robot and team collateral to give out. FIRST Lego League Jr., FIRST Lego League and FIRST Tech Challenge teams will also be needed for this event.
- Georgia Power FIRST Day, Wednesday, October 18th, 241 Ralph McGill Blvd. NE, Atlanta, GA from 2:30pm – 5:00pm. (Set-up at 2:00pm) This event will be a drop-in event promoted internally by Georgia Power to give their employees information to how o get involved with Georgia FIRST. You will need to bring your robot and team collateral to give out. FIRST Lego League Jr., FIRST Lego League and FIRST Tech Challenge teams will also be needed for this event.
Please let us know if you are interested in attending either event listed. The first four FRC teams that respond will be asked to join Georgia FIRST at each event. Respond with the event you are interested in attending to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Opportunity for ROBOTS to be court-side at a Hawks game – Friday, October 27th: The Atlanta Hawks and the GA Military Family Readiness Programs have been offered an exciting opportunity to support GA FIRST at a Hawks game AND have some FRC teams shoot t-shirts during time-outs from the court with their t-shirt cannons! This event has not been confirmed yet, as we need to gauge the interest before committing. Please send your interest in joining other FRC Teams and military families on opening night at Phillips Arena with 17,000 spectators. Note that this event is the evening before the GRITS event.
Tickets for each person attending are required and offered through special purchasing links. $5.00 from each ticket sold will go to GA FIRST and Georgia Military Family Readiness Programs. Tickets start around $25. There will also be an opportunity to represent FIRST at a special concourse table.
Please email your interest and potential number of attendees and/or ability to bring a t-shirt cannon with “court-safe” wheels to: email@example.com
- GRITS: There are a few spots remaining for GRITS. Please visit gafirst.org for more information and to register. The event schedule will be sent to all registered teams next week. We look forward to seeing you there.
- Robotics Symposium All Call for Presenters: We are still accepting presentations for the upcoming Robotics Symposium, November 4th at Georgia Tech. We hope you will consider making a contribution to the Georgia FIRST community by presenting a session of best practice. For more information go to gafirst.org. Thank you to all that have already submitted!
Please visit gafirst.org for all an archive of all FRC Email Blast of the 2017-18 season.